How to Measure PD
Measuring Your PD Yourself:
- Things you need: a straight “mm” ruler, a pencil or pen and a mirror.
- While looking straight in the mirror, place the ruler on the bridge of your nose.
- Make sure that the start of the ruler is directly below the center of one eye’s pupil.
- Hold the ruler (keeping it steady and parallel to the floor); mark the location on the ruler of the other eye’s pupil.
- Measure the distance in millimeters between the two marks. That distance will be your PD.
Repeat this process a couple of times to ensure you have an accurate measurement.
In most cases, PD value ranges from 57 to 65 mm, with the most common one being 63 mm. At times you will find PD written as 63/61 In such cases the first value is for Distance PD which may be entered while placing order while the other value 61 is near PD which may be left in the comments box on the product page during ordering.
It is highly recommended to get your PD from your optometrist if you have a high power or if you are going to order bifocal, progressive or computer lenses.
There are no products matching the selection.